Achilles tendon support with integrated anatomically formed silicone pad
Achimed is an Achilles tendon support. The product is exclusively to be used for the orthotic fitting of the Achilles tendon and only on unbroken skin.
- Massage effect due to integrated silicone pads -> reduction of swellings (oedema, hematomes)
- Proprioceptive compression → Guidance and stabilisation of the joints
- The optional, insertable heel wedges reduce painful tension on the Achilles tendon
- Contains Semi Rigid Material
Achimed causes a massage effect, which supports perfusion, by interacting with compressive knitted fabric and the two integrated silicon inlays. This effect furthers the decline in swellings and bruises. Irritation and pain are relieved. Simultaneously the muscular control and the inherent stabilisation of the ankle joint improve.
Supports cause the greatest effect during physical exercise.
Wrap over the upper part of the support till the outside edge of the silicon inlay.
Take hold off the support in the middle of the silicone inlays and pull it over the foot till the heel part fits tightly.
Turn back the upper part of the support and correct the fit if necessary. It fits properly if the seam runs over the middle of the heel and the Achilles tendon is noticeably embedded in the groove in the inlay.
IMPORTANT: always wear both supports simultaneously in your shoes to ensure the same leg length. Once the acute symptoms subside the supports should be used alternately (e.g. every 2 hours) as you see fit and not worn gradually to accustom the tendon to normal loads.
- Acute and chronic inflammation of the Achilles tendon
- Post-traumatic and postoperative inflammation
- Diseases or injuries of the skin in the area of use, especially with inflammatory symptoms (excessive warming, swelling or reddening).
- Sensitivity and perfusion disorders of the legs or feet (e.g. in the case of diabetes).
- Lymph outflow disorders, as well as unclear swellings of soft tissues, apart from the area of use.