Knee support with patella silicone ring
Genumedi is a knee support with patella silicone ring. The product is exclusively to be used for the orthotic fitting of the knee and only on intact skin.
- Massage effect silicone insert
- Improves the blood circulation and aids absorption of haematomas and oedemas
- Improves proprioception and muscular support (stabilisation of the knee)
- Contains Semi Rigid Material
The integrated silicone ring of the Genumedi reduces stress on the kneecap. Together with the compression of the knitted fabric, it causes a massage effect. This enhances perfusion of the joint and decreases swelling and effusion. Irritation and pain are alleviated. At the same time, muscular control and inherent stabilisation of the knee joint are improved.
Supports are most beneficial during physical activity. The support can in principle be worn throughout the day. This must depend on how comfortable the wearer is. Moreover, the knee may not be bent by more than 70° when sitting. The support should be removed for long breaks (e.g. long periods sitting, long drives or sleeping).
If you suffer excessive pain or discomfort during wear, please take off the product immediately and contact your doctor or specialised shop.
The support is suitable for use in water. After use, please rinse thoroughly.
Grasp the support with the thumb on the internal upper end of the lateral knob adhesive bands.
Pull the support over the knee in such a way that the silicone ring covers the kneecap centrally and free of pressure.
To take off the support, grasp the lower lateral rods and pull it downwards and away.
Please take care that trained staff instruct you when putting on the support for the first time.
- Slight instability of the knee joint
- Articular effusions and swellings
- Chronic post-operative and post-traumatic inflammation
- Osteoarthritis and arthritis
- Patello femoral pain syndrome
- Diseases or injuries of the skin in the area of use, especially with inflammatory symptoms (excessive warming, swelling or reddening)
- Sensitivity and perfusion disorders of the legs (e.g. in the case of diabetes)
- Lymph outflow disorders, as well as undiagnosed swellings of soft tissues, apart from the area of use.