Knee support promotes muscular balance in cases of patellar lateralisation
Genumedi PT is a knee support for patellar guidance. The product is exclusively to be used for the orthotic fitting of the knee and only on unbroken skin.
- Positive effect on the muscular structures that guide the patella to compensate for imbalance
- Reduces muscle tone of vastus lateralis
- Activates vastus medialis
- Aterally reinforced silicone ring gently guides the patella for reliable movement in the femoral groove
- Proprioceptive compression for reliable guidance and stabilisation of the joints
- Contains Semi Rigid Material
The compressive support promotes blood flow and, together with the integrated pad around the kneecap, creates a massaging effect that accelerates the reduction of swelling and bruising. The incorporated pad system lightly guides the kneecap. In addition, patella-guiding muscle structures in the thigh are positively influenced by the massage and the pressure of the pads, so that the guidance of the knee cap is improved. The strap can be used to individually adjust the pressure.
The support achieves the greatest effect during physical activity.
Open the strap. Then grasp the support with your thumbs on the upper end of the lateral nubbed bands.
Pull the support over the knee in such a way that the silicone ring covers the kneecap centrally and free of pressure.
Now close the strap and adjust the pressure according to your individual needs.
Then check again that the support fits comfortably.
To remove the support, open the strap, grasp the support on the lower lateral bars, and pull them down.
Please take care that trained staff instruct you when putting on the support for the first time.
- Patellofemoral pain syndrome in cases of muscular imbalance, patellar maltracking, patellar lateralisation, hypermobile patella
- Post-operative treatment (patella stabilisation)
- Diseases or injuries of the skin in the area of use, especially with inflammatory symptoms (excessive warming, swelling or reddening)
- Sensitivity and perfusion disorders of the legs (e.g. in the case of diabetes)
- Lymph outflow disorders, as well as undiagnosed swellings of soft tissues, apart from the area of use