Ankle support with stabilisation strap system
Levamed active is a support with stabilizing strap system. The product is exclusively to be used for the orthotic fitting of the ankle joint and only on unbroken skin.
- Individually adjustable and removable strap system with elastic and inelastic sections → Additional hold and stabilisation, „protection“ against twisting (supination)
- Massage effect by the integrated silicone pads → Reduction of swelling (oedema, haematomas)
- Proprioceptive compression → Guidance and stabilisation of the joints
- Contains Semi Rigid Material
Due to the interaction of the compressive knitted fabric, silicone pads integrated on both sides and a novel strap system, the brace serves to stabilize the ankle. The brace itself causes a massaging effect which promotes circulation, thus accelerating the reduction of swelling and bruising. The strap system supports the body’s own stabilization and provides extra support, similar to a tape bandage. The Levamed active brace is thus suitable for preventive protection against injuries caused by twisting of the ankle, especially during exercise, when the muscles become fatigued.
The brace achieves its greatest effect during physical activity.
- Joint sprain with overstretch of the capsule
- Chronic ligamentous instability with recurrent supination traumas (twisting of the foot)
- In the second phase of treatment for deltoid ligament injuries
- Acute or chronic post-traumatic or postoperative irritation of the talocrural and subtalar joints
- Conservative treatment of injuries of the syndesmosis not requiring surgery
- Follow-up treatment of fractures not requiring a cast
- Diseases or injuries of the skin in the area of use, especially with inflammatory symptoms (excessive warming, swelling or reddening)
- Sensitivity and perfusion disorders of the legs or feet (e.g. in the case of diabetes)
- Lymph outflow disorders, as well as unclear swellings of soft tissues, apart from the area of use