Back orthosis with spring ribs
The Lumbamed basic is a lumbar support. The product is exclusively to be used for the orthotic fitting of the lower back and only on intact skin.
- Stabilisation of the lumbar spine area and the lumbosacral transition by means of 4 integrated dorsal spring ribs
- Reduction of lordosis of the lumbar spine by means of proprioceptive compression in the abdominal area
- Contains Semi rigid material
With the combination of the compressive knitted fabric and the integrated back rods, Lumbamed basic stabilises the area of the lumbar spine and the border to the pelvis, without impairing muscular strength. The static forces in the vertebral column are improved and stress on the affected segments is reduced. This alleviates pain.
Supports cause the greatest effect during physical exercise. In principal, the support can be worn all day. However, this depends on how comfortable the support is to wear. The support should be taken off for longer breaks (e.g. sitting for a long time or a long car drive, sleeping).
If you suffer excessive pain or discomfort during wear, please take off the product immediately and seek medical advice. The support is suitable for use in water. After use, please rinse out the product thoroughly.
First slip the left hand into the internal wrist strap of the left seal side. Guide the bandage round the body and then slip the right hand into the external hand strap of the right seal side.
Pull both sides of the seal in the middle in such a way that they are attached to each other by Velcro pads as evenly as possible. The support is sitting correctly when the lower edge of the seal is lying just over the edge.
Please always wear the Lumbamed basic on the skin and under your clothing. This maximises the Clima Comfort Effect. Please take care that trained staff instruct you when putting on the support for the first time.
- Lower back pain (lumbago), Ligamentous disorders
- Myostatic, muscular insufficiency
- Irritative conditions of the facet joints
- Postdiscectomy syndrome
- Irritative conditions of the lumbosacral transition
- Diseases or injuries of the skin in the area of use, especially with inflammatory symptoms (excessive warming, swelling or reddening)